On the roads of the Estonian Epic Kalevipoeg
TRACING THE FOOTSTEPS OF KALEVIPOEG – one day bus trip to the locations connected to Estonian mythical hero ̶ Kalevipoeg.
Adventurous journey through Estonian counties
(Lääne-Virumaa, Jõgevamaa and Tartumaa)
- Starting point. Gathering in Tallinn (National Library of Estonia, Tõnismägi 2) in Tallinn City center – at 7.30 a.m)
Neeruti Eesjärv and Tagajärv(in english: Headmost and hindermost lake) lakes and Sadulamägi hill (Neeruti Landscape Conservation area). Introduction and singing ancient Estonian metre songs etc.
Kuremaa lake (landscape, driveby)
Kassinurme. Kalevipoeg`s cradle, Kalevipoeg`s slingstone, sacred grove and sacrificial stones.
Saadjärve forest park (Nature preservation area) at the south-east shore of lake Saadjärv. Amazing view of lake Saadjärv. Slingstone of Kalev`s middle son.
The house of Kalevipoeg. Museum (http://kalevipojakoda.ee/kalevipoja-koda/kalevipoja-muuseum/). Lunch time/catering.
Kääpa river and the sword of Kalevipoeg
Alatskivi. Kalevipoeg’s cradle. Punane allikas (Red spring). Hiking trail along the northern shore of lake Alatskivi to the Punane allikas (Red spring) (Alatskivi Landscape protection area).
Kallaste shore. Lake Peipus. Magnificient landscapes.
Non-stop road-trip back to Tallinn.
Arrival to Tallinn ca 22:00.
Planned dates of the tour (2016):
24th of april (Sunday), 15th of may (Sunday), 18th of june (Saturday), 24th of july (Sunday), 20th of august (Saturday) ja 11th of september (Sunday)
Date of the tour is also subject for individual agreement – just contact us – email@example.com
Price: 40 euro (34 and 49 seat coaches). Ask for a price offer for mini-coaches (8, 19 and 25 seats).
The price includes:
– coach trip (comfortable seats, WC, microphone; cold and hot water, tea and coffee available)
– tour-guide’s service
– visit to Kalevipoeg House Museum (ticket & guided tour)
For additional pay:
– Eco lunch (salad, soup and dessert) at Kalevipoeg House Museum. The lunch includes: Hedgehog soup – the honoured soup recipe created on Kalevipoeg theme. Local food – a bit different from common recipes. Hot! Feel nostalgia – taste a dessert and guess what ingredients are used. Local. Tasty! Salad from seasonal local food. Homemade bread – baked from the local rye – traditional! price 5 euro. Please, order in advance!
– A possibility to order from Tallinn (Mamo catering) a picnic basket full of light snacks (food & drink). Ask for menu, if interested. You are also welcome to choose a menu of your own… but, please, order in advance!